[Toolserver-l] Page view stats

Christian Thiele apper at apper.de
Tue Mar 30 12:57:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am 30.03.2010, 01:08 Uhr, schrieb River Tarnell
<river.tarnell at wikimedia.de>:

> If anyone else has a particular reason to need this
> data, it would help if they could describe it, so we can decide how to
> format the data, and how detailed it needs to be.

I think there are some tools, which could use this data as "how popular is
an article" for sorting results. For this monthly data would be fine.
Daily data is great, too - maybe the sum of the last 30 days or so could
be cached somewhere. More detailed data (like hourly) seems too precise
for me, but of course one could imagine even tools for per-minute data:
e.g. the usage stats for articles relevant for a question at "who wants to
be a millionaire" would be very interesting. But there are only few such
things, so this could be done on raw data, if needed. So I would propose
(if possible) daily data with a db view for either "last month" or better
"last 30 days" (I don't know, if something like this could be cached... or
maybe a cron for updating extra tables...)

Sincerelly,
Christian Thiele / user:apper