[Toolserver-l] Server switch for s3/s4/s6, Monday morning UTC

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:38:51 UTC 2010

Mashiah Davidson wrote:
> As you remember, we've experienced issues with memory during last few
> weeks. All that issues correllate with situations when both, me and
> lvova ran the bot together (each requesting for up to 4 GB for
> temorary data) and both worked on relatively small languages. In such
> a situation two iwiki spies requested too much memory together.
>
> Now I just disabled interwiki spy stage in my copy of the bot in order
> to let lvova's copy providing isolated articles linking suggestions.
> After this change the bot successfully analyzed whole list of
> available languages and neither hung nor utilize too much of memory.
> Lvova's copy at the same time was also running with iwiki spy on.
>
> My intention was to start iwiki spy again for both copies after
> rewriting (which is possible but may take some time).

If the problem is just of launching two copies at the same time, make
the code verify before running that the other copy is not running.
That can go from an existance check of a file on /tmp (supposing both
copies are launched from the same login server) to mysql table locks or
entries on a well-known table.