[Toolserver-l] commonswiki updates

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Tue Mar 2 10:13:25 UTC 2010

Hi all

In the next few days, I will be adding a new index to the globalimagelinks table
in the commonswiki database. creating this index will take a couple of hours,
and the table will be locked during that time. This also means that replication
of the commonswiki database will stop for the time it takes to create the index,
and may take some time to catch up again after is is finished.

This task will be repeated for each database server, since commons is replicated
to each. I will try to avoid doing it at peak times, but since I don't know yet
how long it takes, and I should be around to watch it, I can't promise if it
will work out that way.

-- daniel