[Toolserver-l] Interwiki-Bots

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Thu Jan 14 09:23:07 UTC 2010

Andre Engels schrieb:
> I think better results could be reached by putting the emphasis on the
> "cooperating" part rather than the "running one" part.

Yes, I agree. Basically, making this a multi-maintainer project ensures that:
* there's a common code base, and a single toolserver-account
* operators are aware of each other, and will hopefully coordinate
* thus, we get less redundant runs and less concurrent processes

> Get some
> database or such where the bots notify when they have either updated a
> page or found that it did not need updating, then have the bots
> (except when running with hints or such) request this database before
> doing interwiki on a page and skip it if its last notification was
> less than so-and-so-much time ago (for example one week).

Such a database sounds like an interesting Idea - in fact, it sounds like a good
reason for including you in the project :) talk to the bot ops about it.

-- daniel