[Toolserver-l] Cannot log in on Toolserver any more

Chris Ritter (Yellowcard) wikipedia at deeprocks.de
Wed Feb 24 14:25:53 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been unable to log in to the Toolserver since yesterday. I've got
to say that I am not well versed in SSH login but I used PuTTy to login
via SSH and so far I have never had any problems (But I haven't been
logged in for about 3 weeks). Yesterday I wanted to modify my bot on the
Toolserver FTP and therefore tried the log in but it was refused; the
problem stays until today.

I load my private SSH key via PuTTy and then click on "saved Sessions"
-> "Toolserver". The connection fails saying "Disconnected: No supported
authentication methods available." The PuTTy settings are:

Host name: login.toolserver.org
Port: 22
Connection type: SSH
Auto login username: Yellowcard
Terminal-type string: xterm
Terminal speeds: 38400,38400
Proxy: None

And some other stuff, I have no idea what the other things mean.
What could be the reason for this server rejection?

Cheers,
Yellowcard.

PS: Or might it be a local problem on my system? However, my Thunderbird
seems to have deleted my whole inbox without any chance of restorage.
Dammit.