[Toolserver-l] SxWiki

Conrad Irwin conrad.irwin at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:14:30 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 10:09 PM, Ja Ga wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems where login() fails via SxWiki?  I've used it to update a user page for about a year now, and for the first time, it's failing.
>
> - Jason

I guess it does not set a User Agent header. Wikimedia now requires this
due to abuse by misbehaving bots.

SxWiki says it is written in PHP, so either set it in your php.ini file,
or add the following somewhere to your version of it:

ini_set( 'user_agent', 'Jason's Bot (using SxWikiPro-0.2-beta)' )

It should be fairly simple to set the user agent for any framework if
I've got the wrong end of the stick, Google is your friend.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Conrad