[Toolserver-l] Tool to find out authors' percentage of participation?

Christian Thiele apper at apper.de
Wed Apr 14 20:03:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am 14.04.2010, 16:44 Uhr, schrieb Robin Fink
<robin.fink at cs.uni-dortmund.de>:

> Is there any way to find out the main authors of an article? I found a
> German tool:

I wrote a standalone application some time ago, you'll find a description
at
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:APPER/WikiHistory

The description page is in german, but the tool itself is in english and
works for the english wikipedia, too. I think the images on the
description page will help. After the last step (analyzing the authors),
you'll find percentage statistics at "user statistics" and you are able to
export the article like in this sample:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:APPER/WikiHistory/Beispiel

It is really slow for many versions, but besides this it works relatively
good. It's written in .NET but runs using Mono, too (but there even
slower).

You can download it from
http://toolserver.org/~apper/WikiHistory.exe

Sincerelly,