[Toolserver-l] osm-db

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Fri Sep 18 07:42:47 UTC 2009

> I was looking on how to connect to the osm-db and if there is phpMyAdmin
> access to it? I browsed thru the toolserver and OSM wikis but did not
> find much.

If you got an account on cassini you can connect to the local PostGIS-Db
with username gis and no password to the database named gis on localhost
via postgresql functions e.g. from php or with psql from the command line.

This information is public available on cassini at the end of
/sql/mapnik-stylesheets/osm-like/osm-de.xml, so that i hopefully don't
disclose a secret here.

This DB is only transitional and hopefully soon there will be a better
kind of login together with an updated database. (That one on cassini is
from 2009-07-15 and not updated since then).

Have fun :)
Peter