[Toolserver-l] communication with wiki communities

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:24:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Daniel Kinzler<daniel at brightbyte.de> wrote:
>> it's interesting that the Toolserver turned out quite differently than we
>> initially expected; i had hoped to create a community where people would work
>> together to create useful tools, but instead we have isolated users who create
>> their own tools (or in some cases, 10 copies of the same tool) and rarely work
>> together.  it's a shame; i think the former would be much more useful than what
>> we have now...
>
> Increasing cooperation would be cool. One thing that might help is to promote a
> "toolbox", that is, a shared library of utilities to be used and maintained by
> everyone.
>
> I suppose we should also rethink our permission model for svn repositories.
> Without a shared repository, cooperation is much harder.

I think we should have a shared repository that is used by default.
What is now the case is that every user has its own repository, which
optionally can be shared. What should improve cooperation is a general
toolserver repo which can be committed into by all toolserver users.
It's a bit more the wiki principle.

Bryan