[Toolserver-l] new toolserver home page

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Sat Jun 13 07:04:44 UTC 2009

Platonides schrieb:
> Why use a script?
> It could be a view on the wiki , directly taking the content from the
> wiki. Ie. the page could be rewritten as
> https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Toolserver:Homepage?useskin=toolserverplainskin
>
> Note I see potential for defacing the main page as it is.

Hm.... how?

Writing an extra skin is indeed another possibility. I wrote this also as a
proof of concept however - the idea is that it would also work for high traffic
pages, without the need to rig the wiki for dealing with high traffic - and the
info could be pulled from a private wiki too (though I'd have to write the
authentication bit, or do auth by clinet IP).

-- daniel