[Toolserver-l] New hardware ordered

Lilewyn lilewyn at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 16 22:50:02 UTC 2009

When we named nightshade, the theme was "poisonous plants".

Current servers (from https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Servers )
* Hemlock
* Nightshade
* Willow
* Zedler (Not a poisonous plant, but names after Johann Heinrich Zedler,
   who was an 18th century German encyclopedist. This is in keeping with
   the WMF naming scheme.)
* Yarrow
* Vandale (As above, but Van Dale was Dutch.)
* Clematis (Poisonous plant, not an encyclopedist)

Short, usable, and thematic (poisonous plant) names might be:
* Azalea
* Daphne
* Digitalis
* Foxglove
* Hellebore
* Holly
* Lilly
* Oleander
* Privet
* Wolfsbane
* Yew

"Daphne", "Holly" and "Lilly" have the distinction of also being female
names, which would give us another opportunity to confuse those
trying to understand our naming schema.

I'm rather fond of Azalea personally, though I think someone reminded me
recently that "nightshade" was my suggestion, so I'll sit this one out.

~ Kylu