[Toolserver-l] [IMPORTANT] home directory cleanup; sql-s1 server change

Christian Thiele apper at apper.de
Sat Feb 28 19:46:38 UTC 2009

Hello,

Am 28.02.2009, 18:31 Uhr, schrieb River Tarnell
<river at loreley.flyingparchment.org.uk>:

> if you have user databases on yarrow, these will *not* be copied
> over, and furthermore will be deleted when s3 is re-imported to yarrow.

sorry, I'm not into server details, so how do I know, if I have user
databases on yarrow? For my user databases I connect to "sql" and I don't
think this is yarrow. Am I right, if I think, I got user databases on
yarrow, if I connected for example to "enwiki-p.db.ts.wikimedia.org" and
created a database there? Why is this possible at all? I thought that
wasn't possible, but as you wrote about "user databases on yarrow" i'm
confused.

Sincerely,
Christian Thiele
(apper)