[Toolserver-l] Betawiki translations

Luxo luxo.de at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:16:29 UTC 2009

>> hi all
>>
>> many of our tools uses messages from betawiki because they are
>> translated in many languages.
>> But this messages must be synchronized and I think it's not very
>> economically if every user/tool do that self. Because of that I
>> propose
>> to create one database for all users which will be sync periodically.
>
>A database with one table per user? Sounds good.
>
>> What do you think? Are any other users interested for such a db?
>
>I would be interested.
>
>> Greetings,
>> Luxo
>
>Pietrodn
>powerpdn at gmail.com

I thought not one table per user, but rather one table for all messages.
On betawiki are a lot messages e.g.
http://translatewiki.net/wiki/MediaWiki:Abusefilter-revert-title/en.

So I would make a table something like

+
----------+------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
|    LANG   |        MESSAGE            |
      TEXT                                    |
+
----------+------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
|     en         |  Abusefilter-revert-title   | Revert all changes by
filter $1                                    |
+
----------+------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
|     de         |  Abusefilter-revert-title   | Alle Änderungen durch
Filter $1 rückgängig machen  |
+
|     fr          |  Abusefilter-revert-title   | Révoquer toutes les
modifications par le filtre $1        |
+

the messages which will be synced should be one a list which every
ts-user can edit, so that it's easy for every user to add the messages
he requires.

--Luxo