[Toolserver-l] How to use the Postgis-Database on Cassini

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Sun Aug 2 15:27:04 UTC 2009

I would like to ask if anyone knows how and from where to use the
postgis database on cassini.

When logging on to cassini directly I'm able to query the local
postgresql-database from command line, but on cassini I didn't find a
perl or python module which enables me to connect to the database, nor
is there php installed.

 From nightshade and willow I can't connect to cassini via command line
nor IMHO via python or perl.

I know that the osm-integration is a new thing, but it would be so cool
if I could use the existing world-database on cassini to build my tools
upon. So where should I run my tool (cassini, nightshade/willow or
wolfsbane) and how could i connect to cassinis database?

I already asked on maps-l but as i'm unsure if this question also
touches the other toolservers, i'll go on and post it here too. please
forgive me if i shouldn't have done this. I'm very new to the
toolservers so I'm unsure about who's responsible for what.

Peter