[Toolserver-l] collaborative report generator?

Kalan kalan.001 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 07:30:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 14:58, River Tarnell <river at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> the web interface would display the result of the query in a nice,
> easy-to-read table (and probably with some kind of XML or CSV export feature).

"Easy-to-read" is commonly hard or sometimes even impossible to do
with pure SQL, so it should have a place for code to transform the
data to display it more efficiently. Top100 is a simple example, but
what about queries that, say, will have a "type" column that is
percepted much better if it was a color line, or a "status" column
with sort of a progress bar? (I can't think of such a task right now,
but I'm certain that the issue would arise at some point anyway.)

— Kalan