[Toolserver-l] Cross-namespace interlanguage links support : Please update your pywikipedia local copy !

Nicolas Dumazet nicdumz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:33:07 UTC 2008

Hello all !

Some Wikimedia projects have been using custom namespaces for some
articles, such as the Spanish 102 (Anexo) namespace, used for lists.
This created interwiki links between articles with different namespace
numbers (cross namespace interlanguage links). This feature was not
yet supported in interwiki.py, where a mismatch between two interwiki
namespaces caused the link to be removed from the home wiki when using
-force ( http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sailing_at_the_2000_Summer_Olympics&diff=prev&oldid=218735141
for example). Since revision 5614, these links are fully supported.

We are concerned about consistency between bots running older versions
of our framework, and bots using a version newer than r5614, since
this may cause links to those special namespaces to be removed by the
former while the latter could insist on adding them, leading to
unnecessary confusion.

** In short ** :
All interwiki.py users, please update your local copy of our framework
to a version newer than revision 5614. The latest snapshot available (
at http://toolserver.org/~valhallasw/pywiki/ ) includes those recent
changes, if you don't use SVN.

Thanks for your time,

--