[Toolserver-l] A blog comment.

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Wed Jun 11 13:51:25 UTC 2008

> Coincidentally, yesterday I released a MediaWiki extension which, if
> accepted on Wikimedia projects, may make interwiki bots much less busy.
> See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/A_newer_look_at_the_interwiki_link

Interesting. I have thought quite a bit about interwiki-links myself, and
studied some spectes of them for my thesis. A short writeup of a slightly
different proposal for interwiki-linking can be found here:

http://brightbyte.de/page/Ideas_for_a_smarter_inter-language_link_system

It works with a central database, but without a central wiki, and keeps
interwiki-maintenance largely "in-place".

-- Daniel