[Toolserver-l] Uncle Sam wants you to use FastCGI PHP

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Wed Jul 23 13:18:11 UTC 2008

Kalan schrieb:
> 2008/7/23 River Tarnell <river at wikimedia.org>:
>> read <https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Switchboard> to find out how.
>
> The second way seems to rely on "AddHandler" for .php files. I
> sometimes use rewrite rules to hide the ugly-looking file extension
> completely, does the described .htaccess in public_html affect them?
>
> — Kalan

If you want to rewrite Foo.php to Foo.phpf or Foo to Foo.phpf or bothor whatever
is up to you. The example of rewriting Foo.php to Foo.phpf is just to show how
to let old URLs ending with .php remain functional. The important bit is that
the actual file path (right side of the rewrite rule) is phpf.

Using AddHandler works fine if you want to do it for all files in a directory
that have a given extension, e.g. .php. I tried to apply it to a full file name,
but that doesn't seem to work - it likes only file extensions, and thus can not
be used for individual files. This is a bit silly, but apparently, we have to
live with it :)

-- daniel