[Toolserver-l] Windows toolserver

Daniel Schwen lists at schwen.de
Thu Feb 7 15:44:56 UTC 2008

> >  ... Shelling out even
> > one dollar just because someone is to lazy (sorry) to learn new things
> > seems unacceptable to me.
>
> What makes you rightful to say in other words that Windows programmers are
> lazy slackers? Who are you?

Oh geez! AGF, for crying out loud! Neither was this a personal attack, nor was
I playing that annoying old Linux vs. Windows record (even if you want to
make me sound like it).

Read my post again!

I was asking for examples where a valuable tool developed on windows cannot
simply be run on Linux. You didn't provide any.

Now Sebmol seems to have such an example, which is perfectly fine.
Neither am I opposed to the general idea of having a Windows toolserver, nor
do I deem Windows "evil".

The gist is: if conversion is possible no money should be spent. If it is not
(with reasonable effort) and the tools provide substantial value, then fine
by me.
--
[[en:User:Dschwen]]
[[de:Benutzer:Dschwen]]