[Toolserver-l] perl module HTML::Template

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Thu Dec 18 02:12:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 05:24:29PM -0600, Q wrote:
> seth wrote:
> > Could you please install the perl-module
> >    HTML::Template
> > or tell me, how I install it by myself, if I'm allowed to.
> >
> > I guess it is not installed, because
> > http://toolserver.org/~seth/grep_regexp_from_url_new.cgi
> > says: "Can't locate HTML/Template.pm [...]"
>
> https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Installing_perl_modules_into_your_$HOME

Some people may run into a problem - /etc/perl/CPAN/Config.pm only exists
on hemlock (www.toolserver.org) but not on login.toolserver.org.

I always make a CPAN wrapper script when I set up on a new server.
(And I'm new on the Toolserver so I just did this.)  With this question
coming up, I cleaned up the script so it can help others in this case.
Other users and the Toolserver admins are welcome to use it if they like...
   http://toolserver.org/~ikluft/toolserver/my-cpan

So you just save that script as "my-cpan" and run it instead of "cpan".
It will set up your per-user CPAN environment if you haven't already
done so.  See the note in the script comments for setting $PERL5LIB and
"use lib" for running scripts with your per-user CPAN environment.