[Toolserver-l] Troubles with reading Articles

Stefan F. Keller sfkeller at hsr.ch
Tue Mar 28 20:36:44 UTC 2006

On March 28, 2006 3:20 PM Daniel Kinzler wrote:
[...
]> would be great! Please talk to DaB about this, he's our contact to the
> e.V. My idea would be to have separate boxes for a) public, web-based
> tools, and b) another one for running massive queries on.

Did you say web-based tools like kvalebergs (still external) service? And
massive queries like our coordinate parser? That sounds interesting!

[...]
> > I'm giving _one_ weeks time to the colleagues here to solve the
> > technical problem of mirroring. To my humble point of view this is
> > still finally an organisational problem...
>
> Uh, what?! I'm sympathetic to your complains in general, but WTF?! You
> are *giving* us one week? Or what? You know, there's no *right* to be
> able to use the toolserver, or to have it available at all. If you don't
> like it, help to fix it, or go away.

Ok; that answer came fast... Sorry, I should have written "I'm giving _me_
one weeks time..." simply because the team project has to come to an end
(unless e.V. itself does sponsor programmer teams :->).

> Btw: both major issues I described above are based on technical
> problems. Yes, they can be overcome, but it's not simple. It takes time
> and effort, which someone will have to donate. How about you?

Believe me, it's several boxes worth what we invested in cash in this
Wikipoint-db - and don't mention time. Our know-how lies in geoinformation
processing, so I thought it's there where our contribution would be most
efficient.

I'm aware that this is a technical problem - you actually made me curious
about replication - but to me it's still seems to be also an organisational
issue because there are'nt more admins to help you two out. If Wikipedia
want's to become mature and if I would be e.V. I would put cracks like you
on the pay roll.

-- Stefan