[Toolserver-announce] Please respect the rev_deleted-field

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Mon Sep 27 14:45:52 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I was noticed today by a steward that one tool (I will message the author
separately) does not respect the rev_deleted-field and displays revisions,
which are already deleted, to the world.

Our rules forbids displaying of data which is not visible on the Wikimedia-
wikis any more. I know that the usage of the rev_delete-field by mediaiwiki is
quite new (the mediawiki-devs didn't update their documentation until now
AFAIS), so please look at your tools. If you use the revision-table and do
showing single edits, then add a "AND rev_delete=0" to the where-clause where
needed (it's of corse ok to ignore the field if you just display abstract data
like "How many edits have a wiki").

Please always remember: Just because you can see the data in the database,
that is no allowance to show it to the world (if in doubt: ask a root).

Sincerly,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885