[Toolserver-announce] google analytics (and similar services)

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Mon Sep 13 22:50:41 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I was noticed by a user today that a few web-tools on the toolserver (at least
3) uses google analytics and violates our rules with that. No user is allowed
to "publish connection data, especially IP addresses, of other people " [1];
"publish" means also "give data away to (other) companies or webpages".

I will message these users separately, so that they can remove the problem
themself soon. If you (because of nescience or ignorance) include a service
like google analytics in your tools too, please remove it too very soon.

Sincerly and good night,
DaB.

[1] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Rules#Privacy_Policy - point 2

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885