[Textbook-l] PediaPress error with multiple pages with the same name

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 02:22:08 UTC 2009

2009/1/29 Heiko Hees <heiko at pediapress.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 28, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Brianna Laugher wrote:
>
>> oops, one more thing: It appears that for pages collected using the
>> bookmarklet, license information is not recorded or included. I don't
>> particularly want a copy of the GFDL any more than references, but a
>> notice to that effect would be nice.
>>
>> *looks at the API*
>> hm... bizarrely, I don't see the license info being one of the API
>> parameters. Did I miss it or is it a bug?
>
> assuming you are talking about the MediaWiki API. Yes this is a bug
> with MediaWiki.

You can now find out the license of a wiki via the API :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=rightsinfo

this still doesn't help with finding the license for files, or knowing
what the requirements of the license are (eg fulltext, or authors),
but at least it lets you put a link and the name of the license.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/