[Textbook-l] PDF/Collection feature live on de.wikibooks

Johannes Beigel johannes.beigel at pediapress.com
Tue Oct 14 08:38:04 UTC 2008

Am 10.10.2008 um 21:22 schrieb Erik Moeller:
> (Localization is trickier.)

We're already working on a solution but we have to balance elegance/
maintainability, complexity and practicality for the community/
translators.

For the latter point, I guess some i18n.php file, which is made
available on Betawiki would be preferable. But from the code side, the
obvious (easier) solution would be using gettext.

Note: The PDF generation code (mwlib and mwlib.rl) is almost
completely separate from the Collection extension: It's Python code
running on another server whose releases/commits are not necessarily
synchronized with that of the extnesion etc. So sending messages from
the extension to the render server could result in untranslated
strings. But so does a less maintained gettext .po file :-)

-- Johannes Beigel