[Textbook-l] PDF/Collection feature live on de.wikibooks

Derbeth derbeth at wp.pl
Fri Oct 10 19:27:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:22:49 +0200, Erik Moeller wrote:

>> Secondly, current version of the tool does a plagiarism - beacause it does not mention
>> image authors and does not provide any mean (like by making images clickable) to check
>> these authors.
>
> Ouch, thanks for pointing that out. Tricky to do this automatically
> since it's all wiki-text with templates, but we'll investigate a
> solution here.

Fortunately most images on Commons use {{Information}} template; in other cases it would be quite reasonable to simply assume, that names from links to User: namespace in image description are names of the authors.

That's a good example why it's so important to follow standards on Commons.

--
http://pl.wikipedia.org - otwarta encyklopedia
http://pl.wikinews.org - otwarte źródło informacji

Opera - the fastest browser on Earth!