[Textbook-l] News about PDF generation

Robert Arustamyan robert at zenteq.am
Mon Jun 16 07:02:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

> Fantastic!
>
> I noticed that some images in the Knoppix books (especially
> screenshots) are actually the thumbnail images. They even have the
> little "zoom" icon below. I think you should use the full-size images,
> as PDFs are often generated for printing and could really benefit from
> higher resolution. Since using full-size images would increads both
> bandwidth usage and file size considerably, it should probably not be
> used on the ebook reader mode (which I'll appreaciate, owning an iRex
> Iliad:-).

We will see if it all right for letter-size PDFs to include bigger
images. If yes we'll change that as soon as possible.

> Also, congratulations on your good non-ASCII handling (testing: "Modern Greek").

Thank you, it wasn't the easiest part :)

> For wikipedia articles, maybe you would consider using a textbox (one
> article per line)? We could add sone JavaScript "shopping basket"
> goodie to Wikipedia and have people collect articles for a topic and
> get them PDFed..

I like this idea. I'm going to implement that in the nearest releases.

Also I would like to thank you for your great ideas and feedback.

Regards,

Robert