[Textbook-l] Dual-licensed wikibooks

mike.lifeguard mike.lifeguard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:20:06 UTC 2008

Looking at the scratch book in particular, I note that there is not a
template on every page, which would be the bare minimum required.
Furthermore, even if there were a template on each page, you would still
need some explicit agreement to the other license. The edit form still says
that the edit is being submitted under the GFDL - unless the user has made a
statement elsewhere stating otherwise, then /it is/ being submitted under
the GFDL (only).

For example, Kevin k's contributions
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kevin_k) don't seem to
me to be dual-licensed. What we /do/ know is that they are GFDL-licensed.
The best we can do in that case is to say that /certain revisions/ of each
page of the book (which in some cases may be all revisions, including the
top revision) are dual-licensed.

I'm not against mutli-licensing (indeed, I multi-license where I can because
the GFDL is kinda sucky) but I am against doing so in a legally questionable
manner.

Mike