[Textbook-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Wikimedia Blog is live

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 01:00:47 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jay Walsh <jwalsh at wikimedia.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Subject: [Foundation-l] Wikimedia Blog is live

Hi all,

 We are pleased to notify you that today we flipped the switch on the Wikimedia
 Foundation's official blog! Wikimedia Blog can be found at

 http://blog.wikimedia.org

 Some background info:  this will be a space for WMF staff to post news and
 information about the work we're engaged in.  We'll also bring in guest
 contributors, board members etc to post.  Comments are pre-moderated
for the time
 being, and we're hoping for lots of civility.  Comments will be moderated by
 several volunteer moderators and staff as necessary.

 We have some basic posting guidelines (generally short, fairly simple english,
 conversational etc) so we can keep it reader friendly and useful.  We expect a
 wide audience - media, public, users, you name it!  And we'll work
hard to keep it
 interesting - and regular (hopefully posts every other business day).

 Always welcome your views, and your understanding about our work-in-progress :)

 Hope you enjoy!  Looking forward to hearing your views.

 Thanks,

 --
 Jay Walsh
 Head of Communications