[Textbook-l] quality.wikimedia.org and wikiquality-l launched

Garrett masterthiefster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 07:56:30 UTC 2007

For example, go to http://www.mediawiki.org/ and search for almost ANY
> basic wiki word related to MediaWiki software, and you'll get a RED
> response, meaning there's no page for what you're lookin' for.

The list of missing entries, the lack of encyclopedic
> support of MediaWiki software on MediaWiki.org is huge!

One of the enduring flaws of MediaWiki (the software, not the site) is that
its search feature is surprisingly unintuitive. In the case of
MediaWiki.org, things are made even worse by some of the information
still being on Meta
waiting to be transwikied. It's often easier to find what you want by
Googling site:mediawiki.org Some Keyword (although bear in mind that very
new pages won't be indexed yet).

Then, as with any wiki, go ahead and do it yourself.  Go ahead and build