[Textbook-l] Citizendium License (Was: [EWW] EditWikipediaWeek)

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Wed Nov 21 13:40:31 UTC 2007

> Maybe we (the royal we, the WMF) need to put some pressure on the FSF
> to create a new GFDL version that is not so inhibitive as what we are
> currently using. Our copyright notice already states that content is
> released under "all future versions of the GFDL", so the transition
> would be transparent. Since WMF is one of the biggest users of the
> GFDL, i think we could exert that kind of pressure.

i think that pressure is already being felt with the Free Software
Foundations draft the new FDL and SFDL
http://gplv3.fsf.org/doclic-dd1-guide.html
http://gplv3.fsf.org/sfdl-draft-2006-09-26.html

As for the dual issues...I'm just after some clarification...does
Wikibooks actually stop someone from putting 'This book is licensed
under the FDL and <insert license here>'? when putting a book on
Wikibooks?

adam