[Textbook-l] Google Book Search

Piotr "Derbeth" Kubowicz derbeth at wp.pl
Fri Sep 1 14:57:02 UTC 2006

Dnia Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:13:15 +0200, Robert Scott Horning napisał(a):

> I have no idea what an "official, registered publisher" might be, but I
> don't think it is as difficult as you or others may percieve here.

Perhaps we should just try and ask Wikimedia Foundation to act as a "publisher" and register in Google Books. It might be possible that having ISBN number for each book is not obligatory and there is a way to make Wikibooks texts available in Google Books.

> Frankly at this point, I don't see why Google couldn't be made aware of
> the WikiPress project for de.wikipedia, as they do have ISBN numbers
> (for admittedly German langauge content).  And you can order any of
> those books from Amazon.com or any other retail bookstore if you are
> interested in it.

As far as I understand, publishers are supposed to register in Google Books and submit their books - not on the other side. I think we should just inform WikiPress about Google Books, in case they don't know about this project.

--
Piotr 'Derbeth' Kubowicz
Jabber id: derbeth at jabber.wp.pl

Pomóż Wikibooks stworzyć największy zbiór otwartych podręczników! http://pl.wikibooks.org/