[Textbook-l] Vandalism at en.wikibooks

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Mon Apr 17 14:27:37 UTC 2006

Kernigh wrote:

>List of recent vandals at en.wikibooks:
>
>http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikibooks/Socks
>
>I have posted a link to this Meta page from
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_term_abuse/Willy_on_Wheels
>
>I am not mentioning this list on en.wikibooks itself. However, I have protected
>Template:WoW which other users are using on en.wikibooks. I give my thanks to
>everyone who helped revert, report, or block these vandals.
>
>Feel free to update the page: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikibooks/Socks
>
>-- [[Wikibooks:en:User:Kernigh]]

You might as well publish this formally on Staff Lounge, because the
idiot himself knows about this list and has even made a parody of it
(that I have subsequently deleted and block again).  This user in the
past had some lattitude in the past on Wikibooks, but is getting blocked
much faster in recent times, and taking it out on the admins.

Anyway, I ditto Kernigh's remarks and thank everybody who has been
helping to fight the latest round of attacks.  I agree with the
sentiment on Wikipedia that if this person were to make positive
contributions that he would be of tremendeous positive significance to
all Wikimedia projects.

--
Robert Scott Horning