[Textbook-l] Wikibooks portal http://www.wikibooks.org

Kernigh xkernigh at netscape.net
Sat Apr 8 05:01:46 UTC 2006

The Wikibooks portal, http://www.wikibooks.org, is a redirect to the
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks_portal which is maintained by the
sysops of the English Wikibooks. However all language editions of Wikibooks
should have opportunity to request updates or redesigns of this portal.

At March 2006, the English Wikibooks sysops redesigned the portal to feature
the top ten language editions, as does http://www.wikisource.org. Recently
an anoymous user noted that the Swedish edition reached 10th place.
However, when I checked the stats [1], Swedish had 11th place and Hebrew at
10th. Thus I would remove Hungarian and add Hebrew.
  [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikibooks

Instead, because positions 10, 11, and 12 seemed unstable, but there was a
larger gap between 12 and 13, I unilaterally increased the number of
featured editions to 12, thus retaining Hungarian and adding both Hebrew
and Swedish. However I do not have translations for "open-content
textbooks" and "modules" in those languages.

Thus, I need someone to provide the messages in Hebrew and Swedish. I also
want everyone to check translations for languages that they read, and
provide changes if necessary. Please also alert us if an edition is missing
from the list of "All Languages". You can use the talk page at
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Talk:Wikibooks_portal or reply to this
message.
  --[[Wikibooks:en:User:Kernigh]], sysop