[Textbook-l] Database of Free Textbooks

Wouter Vanden Hove wouter.vanden.hove at pandora.be
Wed Jul 16 01:14:33 UTC 2003

Op di 15-07-2003, om 22:47 schreef Karl Wick:
> Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz wrote:
> >There are textbooks that were released into open source by
> >their authors/publishers
>
> If you know where I could get my hands on some of these
> textbooks please tell me. That would be a great starting
> point for further work.

Absolutely. I have been collecting Freely licensed textbooks (and some
semi-free) in part for that purpose at http://www.opencursus.be/ since a
year.

The default page shows the links, there is a category of open content
projects with around 100 links. Previously there was mentioned that
there where no Free textbook projects that used a wiki. Well, there is a
least a small project at
http://www.renaissoft.com/april/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Here is my collection of 150 courses/textbooks:
http://www.opencursus.be/modules.php?name=Downloads
The blurps of text are dutch, but almost all link-descriptions are
english, and could be useful for English Readers. The green or yellow
buttons are acronyms of the licenses. If authors use other strong
copyleft licenses, I'm sure they would agree to dual-license their
material to include GFDL.

Wouter Vanden Hove