[Textbook-l] Introduction - California Open Source Textbook Project

Sanford Forte siforte at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 14 21:09:10 UTC 2003

Thank you Tomasz. It's really hard to understand why this is, but it *is*.
It's a byproduct of the imperfect competition that has been created by
education groups giving over the control of content production to private
enterprise, with *no* public oversight. The public interest has not been
served.

It's a worldwide phenomoenon, even in Poland. Thanks for comfirming, in
Poland, what I know to be true here in the US.