[Textbook-l] Opps! (was linearity)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 06:07:27 UTC 2003

The examples in my last post were very confusing (I used "moduleid" where I
should have used "sectionid"). Here is a corrected version:

Links on the TOC to specific modules would have info in them (after a & or ?)
that would give placement info. So clicking on a link to the first module in
Chapter one would give
http://textbook.wikibook.org/en/organic_chemistry_level_1?textbookTOCid=45369&sectionid=1&chapterid=1

The textbook name is "organic chemistry level 1" The particular table of
contents for this version of the level 1 organic chemistry textbook is
identified with the automatic number 4536 (or a unique name; it doesn't
really matter). Anybody can build a TOC with different modules and the TOC
becomes the organizing structure of that version of the textbook. The other
info (sectionid and chapterid) are retrieved from the TOC and advanced as
needed as the software keeps track of where the reader is. The actual modules
would have been previously associated with particular sections and chapters
when the TOC was made.

And the "Next Page" link at the bottom would then be able to know where it was
in the order of things and would give:
http://textbook.wikibook.org/en/organic_chemistry_level_1?textbookTOCid=45369&sectionid=2&chapterid=1

NOTE: The sectionid is now equal to "2."

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)