[teampractices] Continuous retro

Max Binder mbinder at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 4 17:24:36 UTC 2018

I recently came across the concept of a kanban-style board that serves as
an on-going retrospective for a team. Rather than meeting regularly (or per
project), a team maintains a board that has columns like "Stop" and "Start"
and "Continue" and just looks at it all the time (or when they feel like
it, but presumably often), like a working board but for team process only.
I like the idea of such a tight feedback loop, but I'm skeptical about this
format, too (is it context-switching? Is it as engaging as a face-to-face
retro? Will participants feel secure in using it? etc).

Does anyone have any experience with doing "continuous retros"? I'd love to
hear about it.