[teampractices] Saw a presentation by Allen Holub

Max Binder mbinder at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 21 20:29:00 UTC 2016

I attended a Meetup last night, via Bay Area Agile Leadership Network.

Don't have Allen's deck, but here is his website with a lot of the same:
http://holub.com/

TL;DR: His presentation was about how estimation is bad (among other
things, he argues that estimating is unethical). I felt it was a fairly
aggro presentation (full disclosure: I'm pro-estimation), but under the
veil of what I observed as an extremist view of Agile was a message
promoting Agile as a state of mind, rather than a
panacea-by-rigid-structure, all too often deployed by "Agile" companies.

He also showed burnup charts (he didn't call them that) very similar to
those on phlogiston.wmflabs.org.