[teampractices] Should TPG develop a unified Best Practices for WMF Phab boards?

Joel Aufrecht jaufrecht at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 4 23:08:29 UTC 2016

*Summary*
Some teams have been asking how to set up or improve their Phab boards.
There is a fair amount of documentation but no single Best Practice (or set
of different Best Practices for different circumstances).  We talked about
creating one but determined it would take more than a 1-hour meeting,
because there are broader pre-requisites such as better understanding and
documenting the different uses cases for WMF teams.  We aren't sure it's
worth the effort to do this as a big initiative instead of piecemeal as we
are currently doing it, or what the relative priority of this work might
be..  Will discuss further within TPG

*Full notes*
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/2016_04_04_Phabricator_Best_practices

*Related Tasks*
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T127500,
Figure out if sub-projects or milestones can replace Phlogiston's hack of
ancestor Milestones

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T129577, Document the suggested Best
Practices for teams to configure their Phabricator board

*--Joel Aufrecht*
Team Practices Group
Wikimedia Foundation