[teampractices] FYI: How to create a copy of a meeting in google calendar

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 21 22:20:10 UTC 2015

For a couple months now, I have been cursing google calendar for not
offering the ability to copy an existing calendar event. There have been
many cases where I had a one-off meeting or appointment-with-myself, and
wanted to create another instance, but not using the "repeat" feature.

Finally yesterday I discovered that the feature actually does exist:

Edit your existing event. Up at the top, on the row with Save and Discard,
there is a "More Actions" dropdown. One of them is "Duplicate event", and
it does exactly what you would expect. I added this to the WMF GCal help
page[1].

[1] https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Office_IT/Education/Google_Apps/Gcal

Kevin Smith
Agile Coach, Wikimedia Foundation