[teampractices] Tracking team member calendars?

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Tue May 26 21:30:24 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Do we have any best practices for tracking team member vacations, travel,
etc.? The best I heard so far is a google doc, given the privacy concerns
of revealing when people won't be home. But the format isn't very handy if
the team has more than 3-5 people.

The last place I worked had a little self-hosted app that was pretty cool.
It showed where everyone was in the world, as well as whether they were
working or out.

Oh, and I'm asking mostly for teams into which we are embedded, but the
same question would apply to TPG itself. Especially as we grow.

Kevin Smith
Agile Coach
Wikimedia Foundation

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment. Help us make it a reality.*