[teampractices] MVP or MMP?

David Strine dstrine at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 17 16:30:56 UTC 2015

These scales are used when UX, art style and usability are major focuses.
These are qualitative goals. You're right, projects are never done. These
targets help teams set qualitative goals and quality bars.

I can't relay the specific implementations from other companies and I left
out one key idea for brevity. When a team implements these scales, they
reference past features or products. You might have 2 or 3 examples of
prototype, one or two MVPs and a single, really good BATMAN.

Referring to order of development, yes, BATMAN features are the big
innovative ideas. The done-ness states don't necessarily relate to when you
do something or how your org is structured. Innovative features aren't
always the last things to be done. Teams can be split off to do skunkworks
sort of R&D.

I would totally be down to do a brownbag on how these are used in other
companies.