[teampractices] [FYI] Analysis of Public and Private email lists

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 27 22:29:19 UTC 2015

Last month, I did a quick analysis of how Team Practices was using its
public and private mailing lists. The results are here[1]. The nutshell
summary is that TPG (during the period that was analyzed) used its private
list much more than the public list. In many cases, we could have been more
open and transparent.

Team Practices has had some discussions about these results, and generally
raised our awareness, but we have not explicitly declared any changes to
our norms.

[1]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Team_Practices_Group/Mailing_list_analysis

Kevin Smith
Agile Coach
Wikimedia Foundation

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment. Help us make it a reality.*