[teampractices] "Roadmap" project in Phabricator

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 20 07:47:30 UTC 2015

I propose a "Roadmap" project in Phabricator. Tasks in this project would
be typically epics with rough anticipated calendar-level delivery dates and
clear, understandable task descriptions.

Tasks would be arranged on a Phabricator workboard like so:

January 2015: Features
January 2015: Platform
January 2015: Apps
February 2015: Features
February 2015: Platform
February 2015: Apps
etc.

This could ultimately replace some of the detail in the on-wiki goals
pages, and ensure we have a single calendar type view into expected
deliverables. We could iteratively move our work into this new format if it
works.

If we play our cards right, we can reduce duplication and bring the roadmap
and goalsetting "closer to the metal" so to speak.

Thoughts? If we try this, any guinea pigs? Or feel free to point me to a
much more sophisticated version of this idea :)

Erik

--
Erik Möller
VP of Product & Strategy, Wikimedia Foundation