[teampractices] Updates on maintenance fraction

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 24 18:49:36 UTC 2015

As I mentioned to Kristen in our 1:1: Since core (formerly maintenance
fraction) is one of our 3 top-line team goals, I think we should have an
all-team weekly checkin for it. The biggest benefit would be an opportunity
to share the load, but I think it's also good for us to keep our quarterly
goals firmly in our minds. This could replace the existing weekly charting
meeting that 3 of us already attend.

We have been holding weekly TPG strategy checkins, so I assume those will
continue.

I'm not sure the KPI goal needs weekly meetings, because that goal mostly
measures the work we do with our teams. But if having regular meetings to
advance the "new KPI's" part of that goal would be helpful, then yes to
that as well.

Kevin Smith
Agile Coach, Wikimedia Foundation