[teampractices] How do teams track work not related to goals?

David Strine dstrine at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 17 17:43:52 UTC 2015

Ah thanks for the clarification.

FR-tech handles this in backlog grooming. We have tried to maintain 3
sprints pre-assembled ahead and an extra "Q1" column for all the other
stray ideas.

The product owner tries to map out our quarterly goals per sprint and set a
goal or theme for each sprint. The whole team then promotes new work or
debates the rest of the tasks.

This also gets debated once more in sprint planning. It ensures we are all
on the same page for the sprint.