[teampractices] "Maintenance" vs "New work"

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 5 19:10:06 UTC 2015

Following on to Joel's message about "interrupt" work, I'd like to start
a thread on maintenance vs new work.

Context: In the last round of quarterly reviews it was requested that
teams be prepared to give an idea of the proportion of work that falls
into "maintenance" vs "new work".

Now, the hard part: what are the defining characteristics of those
options? How can we quickly lock at a task/bit of work and put it into
one of them?

Are there any teams at WMF who already have these two buckets defined?
What are your definitions?

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |