[teampractices] Trellos & Minglers, what is blocking your migration to Phabricator?

Kristen Lans klans at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 23 19:45:48 UTC 2014

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Dan Garry <dgarry at wikimedia.org> wrote:

What would help is for someone to build out example Phabricator boards for
> my team's current and next sprints, and to prove me wrong about thinking it
> lacks the required functionality.

Dan, I met with Quim and went over some issues and plan to do exactly as
you say above (build out boards) and review/discuss with the app and mobile
web teams (hopefully with Quim there too!).

> Real time updates.
> multi-user simultaneous editing

+1 to these. Mobile web and apps teams spend a fair amount of time sitting
together around Trello, often making concurrent flurries of updates: adding
estimates, editing tasks, labeling, adding members, moving things around.
Real time update are very useful for our remote team to stay up to speed.
When I used JIRA/Greenhopper in my last job, we always had to screenshare
for everyone to be on the same page. Using Trello we generally all open the
current board individually and follow along and things move along at a nice
pace. Phab generally has many more clicks/page reloads which creates drag.

With that being said, I am fully in support of the rationale behind the
switch to Phab, and hope we can find a way forward that fulfills this goal
and works for the teams using the tool.

I plan to send along my notes on Trello -> Phab pros/cons/workarounds to
this list, so stay tuned!