[teampractices] Burndown charts progress in Phabricatotr (was Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Phabricator update)

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 3 09:15:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Quim Gil <qgil at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> FYI -- some initial work by WMDE on evaluating burndown charts for
>> Phabricator (test instance not working right this second).
>>

> It took more than one second, but Christopher Johnson and other WMDE
> developers are making good progress testing and improving this Phabricator
> extension.

That's great!

It seems like you can't record story points "spent", it just adds up the
story points of Done tasks. The Scrum for Trello extension lets you do
this, but it encourages devs to say I'm 4 out of 5 points done, I'm 4.5
done, I'm 4.9 done, :)

The badge at the top of the workboard column
https://phab08.wmflabs.org/project/board/1/ still seems to just count the
number of tasks [3] in the column rather than the total number of story
points in those tasks (14 I think). When you edit the column you can
set a "Point
Limit", I assumed that would be the sum of the story points.

Thanks for doing this.
--
=S Page  Features engineer